Just a note, the exchange rate has not been very good to us lately, with the rate going below 90 yen to the dollar for the first time in about a bazillion years. Now, this should not affect our plane ticket prices, which is about half the cost of the trip, but it will affect hotel prices, food prices, and anything else we actually do in the country. So, assuming the exchange rate does not change between now and next August, the total price per person is looking like it may be approaching $4,000. This will not be paid all at once, since we want to book the flight first, then train tickets, and then the exchanging stuff, but if you're working with a budget it may need adjusting. To note just how bad that exchange rate is, just want to point out that the last time we went the exchange rate was about 120, which I think would lower the cost of the trip more than $500 a person.
I will be watching the exchange rate like a hawk until we actually go, but it's one of those things we have no control over, so it's probably better to plan for the worst rather than the best. I'm also hoping we'll be able to book plane tickets in maybe February or March, so be ready for that. I think $1,600 is the highest I would reasonable expect, but again it could go either way. Probably best if everyone orders their own tickets so they can pay off their credit card bills at their own pace (we'll still coordinate so we can get seats together), but if you want me to order your tickets for you I can but will require cash or check in advance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment