Friday, November 7, 2008

Help deciding on a furisode to wear

As usual, I can't make up my mind. I've narrowed down the furisode that I will wear for the wedding, but I can't decide which one. A lot of my friends said they like the purple one, but I'm not sure it will match as well with my hair ornaments.

Here are the furisode:












Here's a close up I found on the website of the above furisode.






Here are the hair ornaments that I already have:





Originally, I opted for the black one, but Brian will be wearing black, so I wonder if it's too dark. What do you guys think?

Brian will be wearing the outfit that this guy is wearing.


10 comments:

Brian said...

That's a tough choice. I like them all, but if I'll be wearing black, then I think I like either #1 or #3 the most. As much as I love the black one, you're right. It may be too much black.

Anonymous said...

Brian should get a sword. But that's just my opinion.

Anonymous said...

I like the red one....and the first one :)

Teresa said...

@ Pete- hehehe. Actually, I just found out that traditionally, the woman wears a tiny sword (as a symbol) in her sash so that she can kill herself if she should dishonor her husband. Nice, eh?

Teresa said...

All of the pictures really don't do these kimono justice. I think they used a 2mp camera or something. I updated the photos with a tiny close up I found of the yellow and purple one.

Wittliff said...

I still like number one the best.. it seems to have lighter pink flowers near the top.. I think it will look beauteous ~;)

Love,
~Jess

Teresa said...

Thanks for your imput! I'm looking into getting a custom matching kanzashi hair ornament to go with the purple flower one. ;)

Mark said...

It is too late to vote for the second one, the black one with light flowers?

Teresa said...

Nope, not too late. I emailed them asking for close up pictures (because I was going to have kanzashi hair ornaments custom-made) and they told me I could choose the day of. I guess I'll just see which one looks best in person and try to get hair ornaments that I think will match with more than one.

Anonymous said...

I like the purple one best because I favor lighter colors on a bride, but they are all beautiful and I think you should pick whichever one you love!